Feedback Strategies
FEEDBACK!
The Difference Between Praise and Feedback
https://www.kqed.org/mindshift/34778/the-difference-between-praise-and-feedback
Praise is when you tell someone good job, and generally comes in the form of a blanket complement- though sometimes more pointed to a specific area of something someone has done.
Feedback in an effective form can look like talking through someones decision making process about something- and asking them why they made certain decisions. I like this way of giving feedback because it involves asking questions and not making observations. I think this would work because people love talking about themselves and it gives the asker and the answerer an out on if the person who is receiving feedback is embarrassed about a mistake or decision they made for neither one to be uncomfortable as if the one reviewing simply pointed out something they don‘t like. I also think that it is important to ask questions in general.
Be a Mirror
Being a mirror means to look at what someone is doing or making and relaying to them how it appears to someone else, rather than pointing out errors or what is lacking from whatever is under review.
This strategy of feedback is similar to the above article I reviewed, and I also like this article. I think that by acting as a mirror it is easy to give subjective statements and guide a person in the direction that they need to go or maybe just to show them what it is they are lacking- they may think that certain things are implied in their work that need to be spelled out, or there just might be something they completely forgot.
I think that overall, Feedback is important and is a meaningful part of the creative process, and I think that feedback needs to be considerate and well intended in order to be well received, or else it won’t stick.



Comments
Post a Comment