StoryBook Favorites
Written from the perspective of Yama, the God of Death, the blog starts off with an introduction that clearly outlines Yama’s goal with the three stories being to teach the reader about Dharma and how to live according to Dharma. The passages are easy to read and written out clearly with helpful commentary from “Yama.” I enjoyed reading them and thought that the design of the blog was easy to look at as well.
This story, the story of Kubera and Ravana, was not a story I had heard of before and I thought that the way the author wrote it was really creative and fun to read about. I liked all the pictures that they included and I think it was a very interesting way to present links between the information and putting images to make it more real to the reader. I liked their way of story telling through use of a more modernized diction to make an old story sound new.
I was unfamiliar with the story of Sita’s Soul before reading this passage, and I really enjoyed reading this blog. The story telling made me want to keep reading the passage and I found it very easy to follow. The chapters were divided in a way that made the tale easy to digest as a reader and to think about after the fact. I was a little bit confused at the very end of the last chapter about the interpretation of the story and the deeper lesson behind it but I would gladly re read this post. The layout of the pages was visually additive to the story and did not distract from it at all, as sometimes busy themes can.


Comments
Post a Comment