Time Strategies
Dear Reader,
This post is about Time Strategies, and time management. I am somewhat infamously un skilled at time management and it is a skill (or lack of skill) that I came into this 2020-2021 school year determined to program into myself. I al a chronic procrastinator and have diagnosed and undiagnosed myself with ADHD or ADD or any other plethora of disordered thinking surrounding attention and time management constantly throughout my educational experience. Wether or not I actually have ADD/ADHD/something else is still undecided but I do think that I have habits that are not conducive to the evasion of procrastination and eleventh hour scrambles.
Recently in quarantine I have been presented with a new set of challenges which are how to manage time when I am terrified of leaving my bubble to go to the library or to a coffee shop- how am I going to be productive within my bedroom? I usually do a lot of homework in my bedroom but not all of my class and studying was relegated to within the four walls.
I read two articles, 11 Ways Unsuccessful People Mismanage Their Time by Áine Cain And Realistic Study Plans by Amanda Collins. From these articles, I learned a lot. From the first I learned some things I already knew deep down but had not put into words to discipline myself. I need to actually make a schedule, I am constantly distracted, and I juggle. In hand with these, “Realistic Study Plans” told me how to make a good plan. After this post is published I am going to look at the template suggested and make my own weekly study plan that will be the skeleton of what my weeks for the next 15 weeks are going to consist of.
I am determined to leave 2020 with better time management skills to ward of the stress of doing everything last minutes.


Comments
Post a Comment