Topic Brainstorm

 The Avatars of Vishnu

The Avatars of Vishnu seems like an interesting research topic and writing topic because there are so many iterations of the topic in the different avatars Vishnu appears as. Just in this one article I found, there are 4 different examples of Vishnu as a Boar, a Fish, a Mighty Warrior, and a Man-Lion. Vishnu is found in creation stories and later on which would make a chronological approach more viable.

From learning religions 

Rama and Sita

The love story(ies) of Rama and Sita are plentiful, and I read a storybook about them for one of my previous posts and I think it would be easy to put my own spin on the retelling of the story. It seems like there are plenty of resources for me to rely on- both simplified (like this one) and complex. Also, who doesn’t enjoy a good love story.

Rama and Sita
Ganesha

I think Ganesha would be fun to write about- I want to pick a topic I will enjoy writing about, because I’m going to be spending a lot of time with it. Ganesha is one of the best known deities. This is good because I could write a chronicle from Ganesha’s point of view and just pick my favorite ones to retell from his point of view- like this one which features an analysis.

Indra

I like the idea of writing about the Thunder God, because it stood out to me on the list without any research. I love thunder and storms, and I always have. I think there is a lot of potential for symbolism and imagery with the thunder motif. Also he has an elephant- and I also love elephants, I almost picked elephants as one of my ideas to write about. He also is the only god who was born of two human parents- which I think is interesting.
Indra on his Elephant

Comments

Popular Posts