Week 2 Reading Overview
Narayan or Public Domain?
Multiple factors weighed into my decision of which version of the Ramayana I am going to read for this class. I like that the Public Domain option has lots of pictures in it, but I focus better on long form reading when I have it in my hands- and I don’t have enough printer paper to print it all out from online. I like the Narayan version because I like holding a book in my hands and it is a “highly renowned” version that I happen to have already bought a copy of. I will ultimately be reading mostly from the Narayan version and might take a couple detours to the Public Domain version if I am confused or would like to see some pictures.
Hanuman to the Rescue: Hanuman Brings the Sanjeevani
This is a story about Hanuman carrying a mountain through the sky- I thought it sounded very interesting to read and would be a fun story.
Mahiravana: A Magician Outwitted
This one features an attempted kidnapping and sacrifice, and I think it would be a very exciting read.
I only speak Spanish outside of English, and I am always interested in other languages and though that this would be quite interesting to learn about
Powerful Women of Hindu Mythology
I love powerful women and mythology, so this one is pretty self explanatory.


Comments
Post a Comment