Extra Credit: Microfiction: Corona
6 word story followed by 25 word story:
My heart drops. Positive. Oh Shit.
Getting tested is routine now. Drive up, get swabbed, go home. Wait until the next morning- my results are now ready. Red font, not good.
So I wanted to try short story writing again, last time it was really fun. This time I tried writing the shorter one first then the longer one (even though 25 words is still really short). I wrote about when I had Covid, and finding out. I spent so much time and energy trying to be safe and getting tested frequently and doing everything I thought I was supposed to be doing, yet here I was with a positive test. I suffer from pretty strong anxiety and recently it has focused a lot on the pandemic so it was a really rough day for me mental health wise, and I still get anxious revisiting it just because of how bad my reaction was- but writing a little bit about it helps.



Comments
Post a Comment