Microfiction: My Dog

Old Twitter Version:

I sat on my bed, slowly laying back. He moved. I freeze. His breathing slows again. Don't mess it up. Dang it, he goes back to the dog bed.

New Twitter Version:

Why does my dog refuse to cuddle when I want to cuddle? I creep up to where he is, try to settle in next to him and pat his head, he goes back to his own dog bed. I accept this and begin my homework, eating an apple. Before I know it he’s laying on my legs, all 90 lbs of him.


Authors Note: I wanted to write a short story again ( I have really enjoyed the challenge of writing these short stories, it is difficult for me not to get lengthy) and I wanted to do a different kind of narrative style- I feel like my other short stories are a little more affected in their writing styles- and I liked the idea of writing these like how a tweet would be written and a more casual voice. I wanted the longer one to be a little bit more like a casual conversation compared to the first one which sounded a little more like my other stories. 

Comments

Popular Posts