Reading Notes
More Jakata Tales: Reading Part B
How the Monkey Saved His Troop
I thought this story was easy to read and it was a good length for a quick read, I wonder if the ending could be a little bit more developed, the King changed his mind very quickly but didn’t seem to have a change in heart.
The Hawks and their Friends
This was also a nice story to read, I thought the plot was easy to get through and I liked that the animals won in the end.
The Brave Little Bowman
I was not sure what exactly the lesson about this one is but I enjoyed it and thought it was a charming story- if I was to rewrite it I might make the “little bowman” a child or teenager and that’s why he was small, I think that would be a nice story.
The Foolhardy Wolf
This one was one that was maybe a bit more predictable in its lesson and the plot but I liked it. If I rewrote it I probably wouldn’t make any big changes but to use my own words.
The Stolen Plow
I’ve read a different version of this story before- and both times I am confused by the solution. It makes sense as a solution but it doesn’t make sense as to why someone would pick that solution, and how a plow is equal to a child doesn’t make the most sense- I feel like they would both be punished in the end, one for kidnapping and one for thievery. That is the ending I would wright.
The Lion in Bad Company
This one was another where the plot unfolded in a way that was somewhat predictable, I think I would like to try writing a twist ending instead of a more predictable one.
The Wise Goat and the Wolf
I liked this one, the goat heroine was a nice story and I would read it again. It would be fun to write the sequel to the story as a writing exercise.
Prince Wicked and the Grateful Animals
This was a very good story- I couldn’t guess what exactly was going to happen each time the story changed but I liked it. I think you could write a much longer version fo this story and it would be an enjoyable read.
Beauty and the Brownie
I thought this was kind of sad because Brownie lost all of the deer in his herd, I liked most of the story though.



Comments
Post a Comment